>>Would something from Byzantine Musical
>> Symbols speak to a wider audience?

I strongly doubt that.

>If you need script identifiers, look first at http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry . You will find:
>%%
>Type: script
>Subtag: Jpan
>Added: 2006-07-21

Well, yes, but that's just a convenience code. There is inherently
no single Japanese script. The Japanese *writing system* is a mixture
of Han (called Kanji in Japanese), Hiragana, and Katakana.

As the goal of the example is to show sort order, I'd just
replace "http://script.example/" with "http://example.org/"
throughout and be done with it. [As far as I understand,
there is no reserved TLD "example", so the later is better
anyway (see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2606.txt).]

Another way to improve the example is to use another Cyrillic
word, one that starts with a letter that's not similar to any
of the Latin letters. That will help novice readers a lot.

Regards,    Martin.