RE: name of the japanese script

Кириллица is indeed how you say Cyrillic, but of course only in Russian, ie. one of the languages written using the cyrillic script.

漢字 would make sense to make the example consistently use script names, as it is how you say Kanji in Japanese.

Another alternative, of course, would be to use language names throughout, instead. Eg. Latin -> English, Кириллица -> Русский, and retain 日本語.

Hope that helps,

RI

Richard Ishida
Internationalization Lead