Re: Conformance to Unicode 5.0: Troubles on the horizon?

Hello Karl,

There is no problem at all for HTML and so on. What the changes
in Unicode 5.0 mean are that they discourage higher level protocols
*for mirrored glyphs and characters*. This is different from
higher level protocols for the bidi algorithm as such. These
(http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr9/#Higher-Level_Protocols)
have always been allowed, because they make sense and are
widely implemented. The Unicode Consortium wouldn't change
that easily, and certainly not without consulting W3C in detail.

So in short, no problem at all.

Regards,    Martin.