Re: Modern Equivalent Timezone

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:36:24 +0900, Goutam Kumar Saha
<goutam.k.saha@cdackolkata.com> wrote:

> Dear Felix,
> Reference to Unicode Consortium's topic on "Modern Equivalent Timezone,"
> I would like to inform you that the offset from GMT in India is +5 1/2 ,
> but no "daylight savings changes" concept exists in India.
> Thanking you.
> Regards,
> Goutam Kumar Saha

Hello Goutam,

Thank you very much for your mail. Maybe I did not formulate the right
question, but I wanted to ask something else: Is there a name for the
timezone in india? For example you have Eastern daylight time for the East
Coast of the USA, or Central European Summer Time for parts of Europe.

Best regards,

Felix