Re: Comments on "Use Cases & Exploratory Approaches for Ruby Markup"

From: MURATA Makoto <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2020 11:29:30 +0900
To: public-i18n-cjk@w3.org
Fuqiao

> > First, please provide a link to the research by the
> > Japanese government.
>
> Maybe only the the editor at the time knows the research being referenced,
> but it seems to me that this paper is the source:
>

> https://www.researchgate.net/publication/50888472_Relationship_between_readingwriting_skills_and_cognitive_abilities_among_Japanese_primary-school_children_Normal_readers_versus_poor_readers_dyslexics

Thanks.  The full text is available at:

https://tsukuba.repo.nii.ac.jp/?action=pages_view_main&active_action=repository_view_main_item_detail&item_id=18135&item_no=1&page_id=13&block_id=83

This is an intriguing paper.  It does provide interesting results.
But it is not by the government.  More importantly, this paper does not
easily provide a doubtful conclusion like "found that the best method
was to replace kanji with hiragana".

--
Regards,
Makoto