Re: Simplified or traditional for each Chinese macrolanguage

On 2016/07/27 12:34, Xidorn Quan wrote:

> If we use Wikipedia as the criterion, the list would significantly
> change. Basically as far as I can see, Wikipedia uses Traditional
> Chinese in almost every Chinese languages it has a version for. But I
> suspect that most of those Wikipedia are built by language enthusiasts,
> and not used by people in general, so I tend not to pick that as a
> criterion.

I seem to remember that Wikipedia had a system for transforming between
the two writing conventions (which I know is not easy, but I think it
included special markup to disambiguate characters that needed to be
disambiguated in only one variant). But I wasn't able to find any
control for this.

Regards,   Martin.