Re: Ruby extension: empty ruby text

On 06/03/2013 16:27 , Richard Ishida wrote:
> On 27/02/2013 15:13, Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
>> Richard Ishida, Wed, 27 Feb 2013 14:54:19 +0000:

I forgot to say: independently of whether the parsing algorithm is
changed to generate elements it is also possible to support the above.
But I'm not sure that it's a great idea: the processing model for <rb>,
etc. that don't have a <ruby> parent would have to be different from
that in a <ruby> parent, which makes it rather messy. Either that or
we'd have to drop things like the ability to have automatic anonymous
bases even when inside <ruby>.

At some point I think the complexity gets out of hand (including for
authors since you'd either have two different authoring rules depending
on context or less friendly authoring rules everywhere).