Re: Ruby extension: empty ruby text

On 06/03/2013 16:27 , Richard Ishida wrote:
> Well i, too, was very much hoping that what you describe here would be
> true. But when I asked Robin about it, he told me that there is no rb
> element in the DOM if there is no rb tag.
>
> Robin, did I get that right? Would it be difficult to change that?
> (Since I think it would help a lot.)

Correct: the current proposed model does not generate elements. I think
that generating elements would increase the complexity of the HTML
parsing algorithm in a way that would likely be disliked by implementers
(the initial feedback I have received on the idea has certainly been
negative).

If there is implementer support for that it's certainly something we can
do, though (it won't be pretty to look at, mind you :).