I18N-ISSUE-272: Line leading [klreq]

From: Internationalization Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 13:32:29 +0000
To: public-i18n-cjk@w3.org
I18N-ISSUE-272: Line leading [klreq]

Raised by: Richard Ishida
On product: klreq

Reported by: Nat McCully

When I wrote the mojikumi engine in InDesign, and we did some research into what Korean required, we found several things:

3) Line leading in practice follows Roman convention of measuring upwards from a baseline. However, given the em-body nature of Hangul, intuitively I think the spec could be right (and leading is measured downwards from the em-bottom). I would like to see some mention of current practice in word-processors and other software and how they differ from a preferred standard (or are the same and the leading model mentioned in the spec is actually wrong).