Re: [css3-text] scoping line break controls, characters that disappear at the end of lines

(Cc -www-style)

(12/04/17 1:32), Ambrose LI wrote:
> As far as I understand, the traditional style of formal letters (where
> the letter effectively opens with “To whom it may concern” and closes
> with the name of the recipient) is not used in China, so it is
> plausible that this traditional device is no longer used there; if
> that is the case then it would explain why people in China do not
> recognize it.

Yeah, that explains it.

> People in Taiwan and Hong Kong should recognize it (unless I’m more
> detached from the culture than I think I am), but in the meantime I’ll
> try to see if I can get any relevant information.

Yes I do recognize it. I believe this is still taught in school but now
that I am detached from our education system for awhile now, I don't
even know if our geography textbook still says China is part of Republic
of China or not ;)

Cheers,
Kenny