Re: [css3-text] scoping line break controls, characters that disappear at the end of lines

Hi,

As far as I understand, the traditional style of formal letters (where
the letter effectively opens with “To whom it may concern” and closes
with the name of the recipient) is not used in China, so it is
plausible that this traditional device is no longer used there; if
that is the case then it would explain why people in China do not
recognize it.

People in Taiwan and Hong Kong should recognize it (unless I’m more
detached from the culture than I think I am), but in the meantime I’ll
try to see if I can get any relevant information.

Best,
Ambrose

--
cheers,