RE: Hangul characters upright or sideways in vertical flow?

Hi. Martin and Koji.
Thanks a lot for raising this issue. I believe this is really important to the Korea.

Concerning to the sideways rotation in vertical flow, I think Martin's answer is perfectly right.
Even recently vertical flow does not be used, this style is still one of the design elements of Korean Hangul. And this should be kept consisting for historical books and data.
Therefore I think turning Korean Hangul sidewise in vertical flow does not make sense.

But I am not an expert of historical area, so I would like to discuss and get more opinions from HTML5 Korean interest group.

Best regards,
Wonsuk.