RE: [css-text] Arabic letters connecting between elements with display: inline

From: Matitiahu Allouche <matitiahu.allouche@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 15:27:55 +0300
To: "'Asmus Freytag'" <asmusf@ix.netcom.com>, "'Behdad Esfahbod'" <behdad@behdad.org>, "'fantasai'" <fantasai.lists@inkedblade.net>, <public-i18n-bidi@w3.org>
Cc: "'WWW International'" <www-international@w3.org>, <www-style@w3.org>
For generalized font and style breaks, I think it would be enough to recommend that these are not intended to break shaping runs.
How would you handle the lam-alif ligature, if it had a font or style break between the two letters?"

I will add that even a color change, which appears to us as reasonable and useful, is not so easy to realize when done between  lam and alif.

--
Shalom (Regards),  Mati