Re: HTML attribute with no value

> I would prefer ubi as boolean attribute. <span ubi>
> equivalent to <span ubi="ubi"> (or "on" (or "true")),
> otherwise, it is "off" (or "false").

ubi can not be a boolean attribute in the exact same sense that selected is,
since selected does not have an explicit false value. If it's omitted, its
false. For ubi, we want an explicit false value because there are cases when
it is true by default. Thus, the "off" value, which no real boolean
attribute has.

Nevertheless, it is certainly our intention that <span ubi> should
be equivalent to <span ubi="ubi"> (or whatever we want to call the true
value). The question is how exactly to formally define ubi in order to
achieve that, and whether the true value implied by giving the attribute
with no value has to be "ubi", or can be the more meaningful "on".

Aharon