RE: Directionality of alt attribute ([html-bidi] Feedback on Additional Requirements for Bidi in HTML)

Hi, Ehsan.

From: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 20:58:19 -0400
To: CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com>
Cc: public-i18n-bidi@w3.org

> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:53 PM, CE Whitehead <cewcathar@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> From: Ehsan Akhgari <ehsan@mozilla.com>
>> Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 21:32:25 -0400
>>
>>> I'm not still sure why altdir would be necessary.  Would you mind
>>> elaborating?
>>> Thanks!
>>> --
>>> Ehsan
>> My understanding is that directionality is to be specified for the alt
>> attribute in the case that the alt text is in a different directionality
>> than the title or the image itself.

> I guess the alt text can take its directionality from the direction of
> the img element.  Isn't that right?
As far as I know -- this seems right;
however I guess that the alt's directionality might in some cases differ from that of the image element itself.
That's something it might be nice to have the freedome to have in some cases.
And thanks very much for taking the time to reply back.

Sincerely,

C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar@hotmail.com