Re: Hydra+SHACL

Hello Michael

Thanks for the link. I was not aware of the WoT Think Description spec.

It does look like a packaged Hydra+SHACL solution indeed with a lot parallels. My main difference (and what I consider an issue) is that it seem based completely in JSON Schema and JSON-LD. SHACL is rooted in the graph model and does no concern itself with the representation serialisation.

I would also expect SHACL to be more extensible. Since the Data Schema is also based in JSON-LD for the processing model, it could be a hurdle for implementors. I understand however how this is quite beneficial for the limited computational power of WoT applications.

In terms of form-building, there is definitely enough information in the WoT Data Schema to handle a subset of the possibilities of SHACL. Not sure if it would offer any advantage though, unless you want to run the builder on constrained machine. Otherwise maybe it would be easy to translate it to shapes and build a form from that?

Best,
Tom