Re: Hydra Status

> I think Slack is a
> great communication tool that I would love to be able to use to
> advance the progress of Hydra.

I see that many people agree with this,
given the popularity of Slack and Gitter;
however, I myself have found it very hard
to have structured discussions there,
especially if one cannot be there full-time.

The problem of instant communication
is that so much of it gets lost.
I was never a fan of IRC for that reason.

I think Slack is great for day-to-day communication,
but not for longer initiatives.
Hence, I prefer GitHub issues, milestones,
and the mailing list.

>> – Split up in two task forces: one for description, one for hypermedia controls
>
> What’s the difference between these two?

Hypermedia controls is everything that's also in HTML:
forms, fields, buttons, etc.
Concretely: hydra:Link, hydra:IriTemplate, etc.

Description is something humans don't need:
structure of APIs, labels, etc.
Concretely: hydra:ApiDocumentation,
supportedClass, possibleStatus, …

The former is the domain of HAL etc.
Most other API efforts focus exclusively on the latter.
Hydra does both.

>> – Set deadlines, milestones, deliverables
>
> I think this is the most important bit and I hope we can organise it
> all on GitHub.

+1

I would really like a clean slate for this,
or perhaps milestones to organize the existing issues.

Ruben