Re: The survey results are in and they look great

On 2016-06-16 20:58, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> I think that a Hydra client should be aware of RDF anyway.
>
> If you use JSON-LD as a content type,
> which is a great idea for JavaScript anyways,
> there are two ways to look at it:
> – treat the JSON-LD as JSON (no triples)
> – treat the JSON-LD as RDF (triples)
> (In the first case, you might need JSON-LD framing.)

Framing only work to a certain point in my experience. My biggest
problem was with discovering SupportedProperty's operations. Finding
subjects of triples is troublesome with JSON(-LD). With rdf library it's
just a simple s/p/o call (not SPARQL though).

> So yes, even as an RDF fan myself,
> I'd suggest that we should also look at the non-RDF route.
> The most interesting libraries, however,
> can actually offer both views: RDF (only) when you want it.

Bottom line is, my Hydra library uses RDF for processing but each
representation is currently only returned to the client as JSON objects.