RE: Pagination design finalized - ISSUE-42 resolved

On 27 Okt 2015 at 22:22, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
>> RESOLVED: Change the current pagination design by replacing
PagedCollection
>> with PartialCollectionView, replacing
>> firstPage/nextPage/previousPage/lastPage with first/next/previous/last,
>> associating totalItems with Collection instead of PagedCollection, and
>> removing itemsPerPage.
>
> Great news.

Indeed :-)

>> The issues will be closed when the changes have been implemented in the
specification.

> Who will implement this?
> If nobody is found, I'm volunteering.

I assumed it would be me :-) Help would definitely be appreciated though.
Should we briefly discuss how to restructure the spec before we start
writing this? We currently have four resolved issues [1] that haven't been
integrated in the spec yet. I think this would be a good moment to briefly
reflect on the overall structure of the spec.

If you agree, I'll try to get some basic structure laid out till the weekend
that we can then use as a starting point. The alternative would be to simply
update the collections [2] section and rethink the overall structure at a
later point. That will result in more work in the long run but would the
spec will likely be up to date quicker.