Re: Specs defining Collection and Paging (former: Pagination - let's finalize the collection design (ISSUE-42))

All,

The Annotation WG will not use the Triple Pattern Fragments as there's
nothing normative to refer to.  We can refer to the OrderedCollections in
the Social Web WG, but not a similar construct in Hydra.  Otherwise we
could have simply referred to the outcome of the Open Annotation CG and
called it a day :)

Some additional feedback, as per discussions regarding the
OrderedCollection, we consider that first and last are properties of the
Collection or List-Of-Views, not the individual page/view.

Without the context, it is impossible to know whether the array for
"member" is an rdf:List or just a set of triples with the same predicate.
We have requirements for per item ordering, in every page, without needing
the client to re-order the items based on some property value. The
construction quoted below would either:

1.  Not fulfill those requirements, if member is a partial set when
retrieving each page
2.  Be incorrect, if member is a different rdf:List instance when
retrieving each page

So, as far as the Annotation group goes, we would not adopt that
construction as it stands, regardless of the formal status of the work.

Hope that helps,

Rob

--
Rob Sanderson