RE: Hydra Design Goals: How important is RDF?

On 5 Okt 2015 at 11:44, Asbjørn Ulsberg wrote:
>> I dont think serialization is unimportant.  I doubt anyone said that.
>
> No one has said that explicitly. But matters related to serialization
> has been waved off with "developers can just map that with JSON-LD",
> which most developers won't understand how to do.

It was probably me who said that. I don't think there's too much to add to this thread but I wanted to make it clear that what I wanted to say is that this is technically trivial to realize -  which definitely doesn't mean that it isn't important. We should make the serializations as idiomatic and intuitive as possible but first we need to define the main building blocks and specify their semantics. Serialization is then the next "layer" we will address.