RE: Repeating IriTemplate parameters

On 10 Nov 2015 at 14:41, Maik Riechert wrote:
> On 10/11/2015 13:26, Dietrich Schulten wrote:
>>
>>> I don't see multi-valued parameters in the spec right now.
>>> Others, do we have something for that?
>>>

>> We do, since we refer to RFC 6570 for the IriTemplate syntax.
>>
>> The UriTemplates RFC 6570 has a * modifier for this:
>> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6570#page-16
>>
> I know the RFC but I'm not sure how hydra's IriTemplateMapping works in
> that case. The client doesn't inspect the template string, it just uses
> it, so it doesn't know about * modifiers in the template.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by saying that "[t]he client doesn't inspect the template string". The client has to parse the template and to process it according the rules outlined in RFC6570. We defined some additional rules on how to serialize the variable values.

> That means the
> client has to know that a given variable is supposed to be a list or a
> map of values. Where does that information go? Is that inside the
> "property"? How would the "range" look like then?

Currently we have no way of restricting the value range of a variable. We will discuss this in the context of operations (where we need to describe as well what data is allowed and what isn't).