Re: Link relation type to link to discover LDP

hello kjetil.

On 2015-06-10 21:32, Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
> So, the question becomes, what URI should we use for the relation type?
> Perhaps hydra:entrypoint can be used? In some cases, hydra:search may be
> more appropriate? Or should we have something that would clearly state it
> is TPF? Like http://linkeddatafragments.org/descriptions/tpf ?

instead of using link relation types which are specific for a media type
(which is an anti-pattern that should be avoided), maybe one of those
two could be interesting:

- "home" as proposed by https://github.com/mnot/I-D/issues/41

- "service-desc" as proposed by
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wilde-service-link-rel-00

following the idea of the separation of concerns, link relations should
signal a client *why* to follow a certain link in a given context, and
not *what* exactly to expect in terms of media types.

cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |