RE: Introduce VariableRepresentation class (was: variable representations edited for spec)

On 31 Dez 2014 at 17:34, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>>> Suppose we have a GUI to build Hydra templates.
>>> The knowledge that MyXyz is a VariableRepresentation
>>> would allow the GUI to offer it as possible value for
variableRepresentation.

>> Anything else?
>
> The scenarios I can think of ar variations of this;
> basically, the possibility to say: "this thing is like those two others".

Fair enough... you seem to advocate this quite a bit while I don't really
have a strong opinion... Thinking about it again, it might actually make
sense to introduce such a class as it could help us to improve documentation
of the vocabulary. BasicRepresentation and ExplicitRepresentation would be
instances of VariableRepresentation though and not subclasses. I raised
ISSUE-80 [1] for this. Feel free to add more details.

Does anyone else want to chime in?

[1] https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/issues/80