Re: purpose and scope (was: Pagination (ISSUE-42))

Ruben,

Thanks for your link to your research. I'm not going to analyse it too
deeply and I certainly don't want to offend, but just say application user
interfaces require design to be effective and usable for a user audience.
Any affordance in a modern application needs to be designed in and holistic
consideration given to how it integrates with other affordances.  I don't
see a paradox, except when you take the view that hypermedia is the engine
of application state and that some functionality can be achieved from that
representation by transitioning on an edge vendor-ed by the resource.  But
the problem is that you're down in the weeds, and there is no way to
assimilate those potentials into a meaningful whole without them being
designed a-priori.  Thats why we have people designing applications and
user interfaces and why companies like Apple have been successful designing
things the masses can use effectively. Auto assembly of pragmatic user
interfaces from hypermedia is probably not a viable pursuit, a bit like
discovering sequences of music notes and trying to string them together is
hardly going to make a symphony anyone will want to hear.