Re: Pagination (ISSUE-42)

Hi,

Am 15.02.2015 um 17:37 schrieb Andrew Hacking:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 12:19 AM, Tomasz Pluskiewicz <tomasz@t-code.pl
> <mailto:tomasz@t-code.pl>> wrote:
>
> I hope I am wrong, but it is starting to look like Hydra can't really
> offer anything reasonable that I can use in modern applications without
> having to break out of it and just do what I do already.

Or stay on the list and help form something useful :)

Like you, I am not coming from a Linked-Data background and had my share
of WTF moments with the difficulties you face if you embrace the simple
idea that every JSON attribute gets its own URI.

> The hypermedia returned from a single api endpoint is not the full
> application context, it cannot provide all the valid transitions for
> my application yet we keep pursuing this approach like its the
> early1990s.  I think the sooner people realize this, the sooner we
> can all move on and design interoperability standards that work well
> for real world intelligent clients

On that we disagree. But that discussion belongs to a different thread
than pagination or maybe even a different group. Are you aware of [1].

Best regards,
Dietrich

[1] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/hypermedia-web