Re: What is the correct media-type for a Hydra specification?

hello kingsley.

On 2015-04-27 17:18 , Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> A Language is a Framework for systematic use of signs, syntax, and
> semantics for encoding and decoding information [data in some context].

sure. no disagreement here. but that's very unspecific, and according to
this, anything in computer communications is a language (which is true,
but not very useful to differentiate a little). while RDF is a language,
it more importantly is a language for building languages, which to me is
an (or even the most) important aspect of it.

so while i agree that "format" is not a good word to talk about RDF, in
the end a model without a format makes no sense in any scenario that
requires information exchange. we need formats to communicate.

but, in order to make you a little less unhappy, i have tweaked the text
a little bit and maybe that works better for you.

https://github.com/dret/I-D/commit/f46e249da59ccc4cc1277f2968b0576552623752

thanks and cheers,

dret.

--
erik wilde | mailto:dret@berkeley.edu  -  tel:+1-510-2061079 |
            | UC Berkeley  -  School of Information (ISchool) |