Re: Core Vocabulary diagram might be confusing

Hey,

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 11:45 PM, Ruben Verborgh <ruben.verborgh@ugent.be> wrote:

> “
> they perceive it as being too complex.
> For the time being, we use HAL with lots of 'assumptions' […].
> Not ideal I think, but well…”

I don't want to use HAL either; I have the impression the JSON-LD +
Hydra story is a better foundation. But while I think JSON-LD is
explainable enough, I don't think the same applies to Hydra right now,
and I find myself thinking "I should just go to HAL", too. But I don't
think Hydra is actually more complex when you use it for the same
purposes of HAL, it's just the spec doesn't hold your hands enough. I
realize that the RDF-like nature of Hydra makes everything supremely
flexible, but best practices and worked out examples of them is still
valuable in the spec.

But I'm not sure, as I don't understand the spec yet. :)

Regards,

Martijn