Re: Hydra Core namespace URI / @context ?

On 11/12/2014 06:17 PM, Hendy Irawan wrote:
Hi Hendry,

To my understanding

> In the Hydra spec I see hydra being represented as:
>
> 1. "@context": {
>   "hydra": "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#",
namespace / prefix in *local* context so hydra:foo will extend to
http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#

> 2. "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/context.jsonld",
here we have *remote* context, processor may need to do HTTP request
with Content-Type application/ld+json to get it and then process document

> 3. "@id": "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core",
URI of hydra core vocabulary itself (!= jsonld context, since any other
RDF serialization can use it)

> Which one is correct? How does a JSON-LD client knows that (presumably?)
> all three URIs are the same thing?
so all of them meant something different, and one just need to choose
depending on what one tries to refer to

> If I write a pure Hydra document with a single @context, what should I use:
>
> 1.  "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#",
NO! this one you can use as you wrote before
"@context": {
   "hydra": "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/core#",

> 2. "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/context.jsonld",
YES, you can also add local context to it if needed:

"@context": [
  "http://www.w3.org/ns/hydra/context.jsonld",
  {
    "schema": "http://schema.org/",
    "as": "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams#",
]

> What's the difference? And which one is "easiest" for a (rather naive)
> client to consume, but still ability to distinguish properties from
> different namespaces? (Without being a "full" compliance to entire spec)
>
> Hendy

HTH