Re: How to avoid that collections "break" relationships (ISSUE-41)

From: ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 14:20:24 +0200
To: public-hydra@w3.org
On 06/13/2014 12:14 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
>> I guess you could have lost few other people during this mental sprint.
>> Could you imagine clearly restating current direction and invite more
>> people to give feedback on choosing particular terms?
>
> Sure. I just created a Wiki page summarizing the current state of affairs:
>
>   https://www.w3.org/community/hydra/wiki/Collection_Design
>
> Hope this helps. If not, please let me know.
It helps indeed! Thank you :)

Maybe bit random thoughts, but looking at this collection reminds me in
a way of what I remember from Ruby on Rails with *Nested Resources* and
*Named Scopes*

* http://guides.rubyonrails.org/routing.html#nested-resources
*
http://api.rubyonrails.org/classes/ActiveRecord/Scoping/Named/ClassMethods.html#method-i-scope

Also backbone.js has certain concept of nesting

 * https://gist.github.com/geddski/1610397

Just trying to think about terms which people may already feel familiar
with from other contexts.