RE: ISSUE-31: Are Operations violating REST's uniform interface constraint? (was: More Thoughts on Links and Operation Subclasses)

On Wednesday, February 05, 2014 1:52 AM, Ryan J. McDonough wrote:
> On Feb 4, 2014, at 9:54 AM, Markus Lanthaler wrote:
> > OK, I think we are making some progress now.. Let me try to split this
> > discussion into two threads. This one is about
> >
> > "Are Operations violating REST's uniform interface constraint?" -
ISSUE-31

> No. As I have said before, I see Operation subclasses offering similar
> utility to link relations, except that have the potential be a lot more
> powerful. So no, I do not believe operations violate REST or HTTP anymore
> than Link relations do.

Great. So, before I close this issue I would like to get Mark's opinion
(that's why I CCed you). Mark, do you agree with Ryan on this or do you
think Operations do violate REST's uniform interface constraint?

> >    Ryan J. McDonough (a.k.a John Yaya)

Haha, awesome :-)