RE: My opinion about hydra vocabulary

On Tuesday, January 28, 2014 4:39 PM, László Lajos Jánszky wrote:
> 2014-01-28 Markus Lanthaler <markus.lanthaler@gmx.net>
>> I have to say this looks much more complicated to me and I struggle to
>> see what you gain by doing so.
>
> Separating the description of Representations (including Links) from
> the description of Resources (including Methods) is my idea. By
> following this course, using the path to describe a Resource and using
> the queryString to describe one of the Representations of that
> Resource is a logical step. So all of these are a parts of my
> approach. Maybe it won't be the best way to describe REST API-s, time
> will decide... Until then.

Hmm... there have been year-long debates about the distinction of resources
and representations in the Semantic Web Community. It's a very opinionated
and philosophical matter which I would like to avoid discussing here for a
number of reasons :-) If you are interested in this stuff though, you should
look for "httpRange-14" - but please don't get lost :-)

And btw. please keep us posted on your progress.