Re: Moving forward with ISSUE-30 (IRI template expansion)

On 8/19/14 11:42 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> The strange thing about "simplified Turtle" is that
> it is*incompatible*  with “full Turtle”, which is unexpected.
> Sure, “simplified Turtle” parsers would not be able to parse “full Turtle”,
> but the other way around is non-intuitive. The name is therefore inappropriate.
>
> The proper term would actually be
> “non-escaped N-Triples literal syntax with bracketless IRIs”

There is nothing useful, over the long term, to come out of dropping
brackets in regards to IRIs. The purpose of a bracket is to indicate a
identifier of type Reference, just as we use single and double quotes to
indicate literals.

Please don't tamper with a long establish method for indicating
identifier types. W3C standards aren't perfect, but they are the product
of many years of analysis and deliberation. I don't recall an issues or
dissents in regard to the use of brackets in regards to indicating
reference identifier types.

--
Regards,

Kingsley Idehen