RE: ISSUE-66: LinkedDataT

On 6 Aug 2014 at 14:42, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>> What about
>>
>>   "Machines prefer structured data using unambiguous identifiers,
>>    and on the Web, these identifiers are URLs."
>> ... Linked Data combines these two things* to make it easier for machines
>> process and integrate data from different sources. RDF formalizes a
>> triple-based data model that can be used to publish Linked Data in
various
>> formats such as ...
>>
>> * using a better term for "things"
>
> Good, I've combined this into something I like:
> https://github.com/HydraCG/Specifications/commit/eb26b8e32 Thoughts?

Great work Ruben! I had a couple of minor comments which I added directly to
the commit referenced above. There's only one thing which I find a bit
confusing. You say

   All RDF triples have a subject, predicate, and object [...]

       < triples about Walt Disney >

   This combination of structure and URLs is the essence of Linked Data

What exactly do you mean by *structure* in this context? Could we simplify
it by saying "This usage of URLs is the essence..."? Or do you think we
would lose something if we did?