Re: ISSUE-66: LinkedDataT

hello ruben.

On 2014-08-05, 5:20 , Ruben Verborgh wrote:
>>> I'd dare to say that the majority of people do assume
>>> that Linked Data is just done with RDF.
>> That's obviously true for the Semantic Web community. Not so true for the
>> rest of the world :-)
> I thought the only people who cared about Linked Data
> were those in the Semantic Web community. My bad!

that's painfully circular. i promise to shut up after this, but:

- the REST community cares a lot about linking data, because that's one
of their key architectural principles (probably the most important one).
back in 2009, we dared to call this Linked Data and were told we shouldn't.

- if you define Linked Data to be exclusively based by SemWeb
technologies, then it's not really surprising that only the SemWeb
community cares about it.

i happen to think that this unnecessarily creates a separation between
communities that actually should talk more about principles than
pitching technologies. but it seems that both bubbles are doing just
fine even when separate, so i have accepted that fact. but for people
living in neither bubble, the situation can be much more confusing than
for us bubble-dwellers. that's really all i wanted to point out.

cheers,

dret.