Re: ISSUE-66: LinkedData™

On 5 Aug 2014, at 12:54, "Andreas Kuckartz" <a.kuckartz@ping.de> wrote:

> Ruben Verborgh:
>> And personally, I wonder to what extent SPARQL is part of Linked Data;
>> and does that mean the query language, the protocol, or both?
>
> One can provide and consume Linked Data without touching SPARQL.
>
> Cheers,
> Andreas

Isn't that like asking I wonder to what extent SQL is part of RDBMS.

Sure you can do relational without SQL, but for many many people the two are virtually synonymous.

I would also counter Andreas' point by saying I see more and more people creating and consuming Linked Data _solely_ using SPARQL 1.1 (and by extension Turtle).

John