Re: visualizer for Linked Data Fragments

> Talking with some colleagues recently on a mailing list about Open Data
> here in Italy it appears that there is a lack of good tools for exploring
> datasets
>
> If you want my two cents on that:
> researchers (who are a big part of the Open Data community)
> are not rewarded for their work on such tools.
>
> The issue is that these tools are hard to evaluate ...

As such, few people get paid to do it.

you are right! I work as a consultant, not as a researcher, and I can say
it's even harder to propose those development to clients: everyone seems to
want those tools, but anyone seems to like the idea of spending time and
resurces to try develop something in that direction :-) I've tried at least
3 times in the last years, maybe the next will be the good one eheh. I
agree on your thoughts, then

> > I think start introducing the Linked Data Fragment this way could also
> be a good idea, since one of the things that I'd like to have is the
> ability to mashup resources which are not actually obtained by a SPARQL
> query at all :-) and this is probably possible by introducing LDF.
>
> Yes, such mash-ups would be nice to show off functionality.
> I hope I can convince a student to work on something like that :-)

Nice, I think this coudl be an interesting scenario... I know it put things
off from RDF world, but in some sense is still possible to manage uris for
things

> > Good to know that a facet browser is already in production (which is one
> of the options we have cited on the ML, in some way).
>
> You'll probably hear from it in a couple of months :-)

Great to hear that, If it will be out in spetmeber maybe I could try it for
some demo ;-)

> True! How did you like the things posted here by Pieter?
> -
> http://ewi.mmlab.be/ba/all?subject=http://data.kbodata.be/organisation/2_228_124_444%23id
> - http://triples.demo.thedatatank.com/all

I've missed this, thanks very much, seems very promising

Alfredo