Re: making RDF model visible in spec [was: representing hypermedia controls in RDF]

On 11/26/13 11:01 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> As Turtle, like JSON-LD is just a serialization model of RDF,
> we can just convert the Turtle to JSON-LD and continue from there?
> Instead of a second demo, I just propose to extend the first with content negotiation.
> Ask for JSON? You get JSON-LD.
> Ask for Turtle? You get Turtle.
> Then the client just needs an extra module to convert Turtle to JSON-LD.
> Of course, the client would indicate in its Accept header that it prefers JSON-LD, but takes Turtle too.

Yes, examples:

[1] http://bit.ly/1bS1hfl -- JSON-LD based Linked Data evaluated using
our variant of Vapor
[2] http://bit.ly/IfJ3wK -- ditto using Turtle .

RDF's data model (entity relationship graph model enhanced with IRIs and
relation semantics that are discernible and comprehensible to humans and
machines) is the way to go if you want to build solutions that fully
embrace the dexterity that underlies the Web's core architecture.

Markus: you have to be as clear as possible about how RDF and Hydra are
related. From my vantage point, you are already using the RDF model
because I can already spot your exploitation of its prowess. Of course,
that doesn't necessarily imply you are embracing Linked Data principles,
but that's a secondary matter at this juncture :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO