Re: representing hypermedia controls in RDF

On 11/25/13 8:20 AM, Ruben Verborgh wrote:
> Interesting. I think it is very important that the question is asked to many people.
> For me personally (and I'm not exaggerating), it is similar to my understanding of RDF/XML.
> I don't read RDF/XML fluently. I have a good knowledge of XML and can make sense out of it,
> but when I see Turtle, the triple graph forms in my head and I can see it and do mental operations.
> When I see JSON-LD, I see JSON for the moment, which is a hierarchy.
> E.g., the triple model doesn't come to live with JSON-LD.

+1

This is a very important point. Turtle makes triples (relationships and
relations) expressed in RDF understandable. Mental operating and natural
intuition are the fundamental strengths of Turtle. In the context of RDF
model based Linked Data, its support for relative HTTP URIs also makes
deployment a breeze.

I encourage you to publish Turtle (for everyone) and JSON-LD (for JSON
programmers) at every opportunity, when uptake and comprehension are
dual goals :-)

--

Regards,

Kingsley Idehen