RE: What does "Link" mean?

On Thursday, November 21, 2013 11:05 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
> Markus and others,
>
> Looking at [1] what does <http://purl.org/hydra/core#Link> mean?
>
> The following triple doesn't shed much light on the intention behind
> this property subclass:
>
> <http://purl.org/hydra/core#Link> rdfs:comment "The class of properties
> representing links."
>
> In my eyes, "Link" is too generic as currently. For instance <a/> is a
> hyperlink used to anchor text in HTML and through that specific
> affordances manifest via user agents (e.g., browsers) that understand
> HTML.

Exactly, it is just as generic as the <a> tag in HTML. It is basically used
to distinguish between "relationships" in which (without other out of band
knowledge) the IRIs used as objects are interpreted as identifiers vs.
hyperlinks where the IRIs used as objects are interpreted as affordances
that invite a client to dereference them.

In practice, you would of course define your own properties and just them as
being hydra:Links.

Does that make sense? Do you still think it is too generic?