HTML review: requesting warning around references to Reporting API

From: Samuel Weiler <weiler@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2021 13:23:28 -0400
To: public-html@w3.org
As part of PING's review of the HTML review draft, we requested a
warning around references to the Reporting API, which has open and
unresolved privacy issues.

https://github.com/whatwg/html/issues/6933#issuecomment-908628302

The HTML editors said "...it's not going to change..."

Would the HTML WG help us resolve the conflict?

[This is not exactly a subset of the general question I just asked,
though the Reporting API fits into the bucket of specs-not-yet-at-CR -
we think the Reporting API is dangerous, and we're seeking an outright
warning, not merely marking the relevant text as non-normative.]

-- Sam