W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-html@w3.org > March 2018

Minutes Re: Agenda: HTML meeting on Tue 6th March

From: Chaals Nevile <chaals@yandex.ru>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2018 18:25:42 +0100
To: public-html@w3.org
Message-ID: <op.zfkio4rrnd6f5a@ordhord>
At https://www.w3.org/2018/03/06-html-minutes.html, and in text below:



                               HTML meeting

06 Mar 2018

Attendees

    Present
           xiaoqian, Scott_O, chaals, sangwhan, shwetank, Léonie

    Regrets

    Chair
           chaals

    Scribe
           chaals

Contents

      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]milestone progress
          2. [4]CUstom elements
          3. [5]Wide review and the road to Rec
          4. [6]face to face
          5. [7]HTML URLs and multipage
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions

milestone progress

    Milestone Progress: still the same 17 open.

    CMN: Anyone think they will miss their milestones?

    SOH: I should be fine.

    CMN: Believe I will, but that might mean working on the
    weekend.

    XW: Have a PR for #227, will get the other one this week...

    SD: Looked at #194, would like some more feedback on what
    others think. Made a small testcase where you can see how
    browsers behave.
    ... it would help me to get some opinions. This one should make
    it, but not sure I will get my other one done.

    <shwetank> [10]https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/194

      [10] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/194

    SM: Have to wrap up a patch, to wrap up one. Have been looking
    at image changes in wwg, #1101
    ... have not spent too much time on this.
    ... so hope to get #906 in. #1101 unlikely
    ... I don't know what #564 wants.

    CMN: I will have a look...

    SM: Wait, I get it now...
    ... needs testing.

    CMN: [bumps milestone to WD 3]

    LJW: That is the last milestone before we request wide
    review...

CUstom elements

    CMN: Spoke to Bruce last Friday, we started triaging custom
    elements stuff. It's listed for that mmilestone although a
    couple of simple things should manage to get into this one with
    luck

    LJW: Are editors familiar with Wide review?

Wide review and the road to Rec

    LJW: We send the spec after April milestone asking for review -
    in particular Horizontal groups like accessibility, i18n, TAG,
    etc, plus the rest of W3C and the universe.
    ... will be out for 4 weeks, we need to follow up issues raised
    that matter to groups. That is a pre-requisite for Candidate
    Rec. We are hopng to get there mid-late May.
    ... From there we can only make editorial changes, and we need
    to put together the implementation report - show each feature
    introduced has implementations or we are justified in removing
    it.
    ... and from there it goes to Proposed Recommendation, the W3C
    members advise the director about the spec, and then to Rec,
    all things being great.

    CMN: Are we going to branch when we are in CR, or wait until
    PR?

    So, please get all significant changes in by April milestone.

face to face

    CMN: anyone confirmed as attending or not?

    SOH: Definitely not

    CMN: :(

    SD: I may have a commitment, if I can get out of it I will make
    it.

    CMN: Will be there

    LJW: Expect to be there.

HTML URLs and multipage

    SM: Microsoft refer people to the HTML sppec, and in changing
    the /TR/html* things, their links got broken.
    ... because multipage made new filenames for e.g.
    ../semantics-*.html
    ... W3C could fix this by redirecting with 301s as required.

    CMN: Agree, and agree that playing with symlinks is a bad
    idea...

    <scribe> ACTION: CMN talk to tripu

    <xiaoqian> [11]https://github.com/w3c/html-tools

      [11] https://github.com/w3c/html-tools

    So another thing I noticed is that at some point, the multipage
    was not picking up the first chapter of the semantics stuff.

    i.e. /TR/semantics.html is empty, where it should include the
    HTML element...

    SM: Can take a look...

    <xiaoqian> [12]https://github.com/w3c/html/tree/gh-pages

      [12] https://github.com/w3c/html/tree/gh-pages

    [13]http://w3c.github.io/html/semantics.html#semantics

      [13] http://w3c.github.io/html/semantics.html#semantics

    (The content is in the WD...)

    XW: I will follow up...

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: CMN talk to tripu

On Mon, 05 Mar 2018 20:09:51 +0100, Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk> wrote:

> Date: Tuesday 6th March
> Time: 11am UTC
> Time where you are:
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=HTML+meeting&iso=20180306T11&p1=1440&ah=1
>
> WebEx (posted in member-only space):
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-archive/2018Feb/0368.html
>
> IRC:
> irc.w3.org #html
>
> Agenda:
>
> agenda+ Milestone progress
> agenda+ Custom Elements
> agenda+ F2F meeting
>
>


-- 
Chaals: Charles (McCathie) Nevile    find more at https://yandex.com
Using Opera's long-abandoned mail client: http://www.opera.com/mail/
Is there really still nothing better?
Received on Thursday, 8 March 2018 17:26:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 8 March 2018 17:26:20 UTC