Proposal to retain dialog in HTML5.2

From: Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2017 10:11:47 +0100
To: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>
Everyone,

On the HTML call today we discussed keeping the dialog element in
HTML5.2 [1]. It was removed from HTML5.1, and marked "at risk" again in
HTML5.2 [2].

It's implemented in Chrome and in Firefox behind the flag, and our
understanding is that Mozilla has worked on the Firefox implementation
since HTML5.1 was released in 2016. On this basis the HTML editors feel
it meets the exit criteria for HTML [3], and so should remain in the
HTML5.2 specification.

If anyone disagrees with this on technical grounds, please let us know
ASAP. We're hoping to exit CR within the next couple of weeks. Thanks.

Léonie.
[1] https://www.w3.org/2017/09/05-html-minutes.html
[2] https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/969
[3] http://w3c.github.io/test-results/html52/exit-criteria.html