Re: HTML 5.2 and accessible pages

What is new regarding that in this 5.2 draft?

    Rich

  Sent from my iPad using IBM Verse

  On Jul 6, 2016, 5:32:35 AM, chaals@yandex-team.ru wrote:

  From: chaals@yandex-team.ru
  To: schwer@us.ibm.com, public-html@w3.org
  Date: Jul 6, 2016 5:32:35 AM
  Subject: HTML 5.2 and accessible pages

     In another thread Rich wrote:
   > I see this is designed to provide semantic-level scripting and markup
   > for accessibility: "This specification is limited to providing a
   > semantic-level markup language and associated semantic-level scripting
   > APIs for authoring accessible pages on the Web ranging from static
   > documents to dynamic applications.”
   > Can you point to sections on this in the FPWD?
   It says that HTML provides a markup language, and APIs, *for authoring
   accessible pages*. Rather than being purely accessibility directed, it is
   meant to enable making pages and applications - and in particular, making
   pages and applications that are accessible.
   The markup and APIs are what HTML is made of, and that fills much of the
   document.
   Markup such as lists, headings, basic forms, and so on all enable
   authoring accessible pages.
   Markup such as ARIA, included in HTML, enables this for various dynamic
   applications.
   APIs provide access to much of the underlying information, which also
   makes it possible to produce accessible pages and applications.
   cheers
   Chaals