Re: Should mouse events be triggered on ancestors of disabled elements?

On 1/9/16 11:33 AM, Sebastian Zartner wrote:
> So, coming back to the initial point, just asking differently: Which
> browser currently implements the correct behavior according to the
> spec.? Firefox, which is always firing mouse movement/pointer events?
> Chrome/Opera, only firing the events when the listener is set on the
> ancestor? IE, always firing all the events? Edge, which is never firing
> any events? Or none of them?

Which spec?

Firefox and Edge are correctly following the DOM spec for event
dispatch.  I'm not sure what Chrome/Opera/IE are doing.  I can't tell
what the HTML spec wants here, so I can't tell whether any of them are
following the HTML spec.

I too would welcome a response from someone who knows what
IE/Chrome/Opera are doing.

-Boris