Re: CFC on referencing the Image Description (longdesc) extension

> On Aug 12, 2016, at 11:02 , Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL <ryladog@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It sounded like a very good compromise to me, and I thought it had been agreed to and that is why it was going to CfC, and why I supported it.
>
> Though I wasn’t *happy* about the agreement (but was willing to accept it), compromise means "you don't get everything you want", right?

There wasn’t anyone happy with the previous compromise, I suspect. But I feel as if we’re in “frog boiling” (<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiling_frog>); we reach a compromise, it all goes quiet for a while, and then incrementally we’re asked to compromise between there and one end.

OK, it must be Friday, two jokes in one post:

An infinte number of mathematicians enter a bar. The first one asks for a pint of beer. Then the second asks for half a pint; the third for a quarter of a pint, and so on. Eventually the barman gets exasperated and says “the trouble is, you guys just don’t know your limits!”.

David Singer
Manager, Software Standards, Apple Inc.