From: Chaals McCathie Nevile [mailto:chaals@yandex-team.ru]
Sent: Montag, 11. April 2016 03:51
To: HTML WG (public-html@w3.org) <public-html@w3.org>
Subject: Remove table sorting - issue 56

Hi,

it seems there is no browser implementation of table sorting, and I can't
find any intention for browsers to implement this, although it's a feature
that people build repeatedly in script - see e.g.
http://tympanus.net/codrops/2009/10/03/33-javascript-solutions-for-sorting-tables/

Given that it doesn't work out of the box anywhere, it seems like
something we should be putting back to incubation for browsers to consider
as a way to help developers, rather than something we should already have
in the spec.

I'm therefore planning to make a Pull Request that removes it for now.
There's some more discussion in the github issue
https://github.com/w3c/html/issues/56

cheers

Chaals