Re: PSA: Publish WD of HTML Accessibility API Mappings (AAM) 1.0

I object against the accessibility mapping of header (with the nearest
ancestor sectioning content or sectioning root element being body) to
the banner role, defined in
http://w3c.github.io/aria/html-aam/html-aam.html#el-header-ancestorbody

The reason for my objection is that HTML5 and HTML5.1 suggest to use the
header element for grouping a heading with taglines, subheadings,
alternative titles etc.
http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/common-idioms.html#sub-head
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-html51-20151008/semantics.html#sub-head

Therefore it's reasonable to use the header element around the main
heading of a page. The aria banner role, however, is not suitable for
the page-specific main heading of a page.
http://w3c.github.io/aria/aria/aria.html#banner

I suggest either to remove the association of the header element with
the banner role or to introduce a new mechanism for the markup of
taglines, sub-headings, alternative title etc. to HTML.

Currently, removing the association of the header element with the
banner role seems to be the more sensible idea to me, because the header
element isn't associated with any role when the nearest ancestor
sectioning content or sectioning root element isn't the body element anyway.

Thanks, Martin

PS: I've raised this concern before on the public html comments list in
a reply to Steve Faulkner but did not get a reply.
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-comments/2015Oct/0003.html

Please advise me where I should raise my concern if this is not the
right place either.