Re: Microtask Ambiguity

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2015 02:14:29 +0900
To: Essam K <essam.k@outlook.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org" <public-html@w3.org>

> Hi,
> The specs talks about Microtask in processing model of event loop
> (http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/webappapis.html#processing-model-3) without
> clearly defining what Microtask is. Can someone please explain what
> microtask is?

http://www.w3.org/html/wg/drafts/html/master/webappapis.html#microtask
has as definition:

> Each event loop has a microtask queue. A microtask is a task that is
> originally to be queued on the microtask queue rather than a task queue.

...but I don’t think that’s very enlightening.

I think the main place in the HTML spec where microtasks are used is in the
part of the spec that states requirements for asynchronous image loading.
So to understand microtasks in context, probably the best thing to do is to
read that part of the spec.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike