Re: ARIA use in HTML other than for accessibility.

Janina Sajka <janina@rednote.net>, 2015-05-02 00:05 -0400:

> Michael(tm) Smith writes:
> > ... no new ARIA role values should be getting specified anywhere without efforts
> > being made to have them widely reviewed and without ample opportunities for
> > others to question their utility and get (re)consideration about whether
> > they align with our shared understanding of the scope of ARIA—and whether
> > they’re solving any actual problems for real users.
>
> Please don't dismiss the proposal before we've had the opportunity for
> the discussion.

More discussion is exactly what I’m suggesting. That’s why I said “without
efforts being made to have them widely reviewed and without ample
opportunities for others to question their utility and get (re)consideration
about whether they align with our shared understanding of the scope of ARIA
—and whether they’re solving any actual problems for real users.”

> Do you really believe there are no more actual problems to be solved on
> the web for real users?

Do you really believe that’s what I said, or anything close to what I said?

“I believe there are no more actual problems to be solved on the web for
real users.” is of course in no way a fair and reasonable way to paraphrase
any part of what I said, nor to characterize what I was actually asserting.

  —Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith https://people.w3.org/mike